Claudia Llosa: Why she kicks ass
- She is a Peruvian film director, writer and producer, who studied at the film academy Escuela TAI.
- Her film, Madeinusa enjoyed its premiere in competition at Sundance Festival 2006, won the prize for the best unpublished script at the 2003 Havana Film Festival and several international awards, including the FIPRESCI international critics award at Rotterdam Festival and the Best Latin American Film Award at Malaga Festival.
- Her second film The Milk of Sorrow (La teta asustada) which was shortlisted for the 59th Berlin International Film Festival. It was the first Peruvian film nominated for the Golden Bear award, and won the main award. It was nominated for the Academy Award in the Best Foreign Film Category.
- In 2010 Claudia Llosa was invited to become a member of Hollywood’s Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- In 2012 Claudia Llosa’s short Loxoro, was shortlisted for the Berlin International Film Festival. Loxoro won the Teddy Award in the category of Best Short Film.